"The Lord has told you what is good. He has told you what he wants from you: Do what is right to other people. Love being kind to others and live humbly, trusting your God."
Micah 6:8

Monday, October 05, 2009

Mom of the Year award....

To continue my story on Nolan....
he went back to school that Monday and my parents came in Thursday.
That night my sweet daddy heard Nolan vomiting and got with him...nursed him, cleaned the carpet, stripped the sheets....while I just slept peacefully. I didn't even know until the morning!
Just for a good image (in case you wanted one) the boys share a room and have bunk beds.
Of coarse Nollie sleeps on top and didn't make it down the ladder. He was throwing up over the side of the bunk bed...I mean poor Lane...good thing he wasn't hanging over the side!
Anyway, we kept him home on Friday...and the rest of the family arrived that night. Nolan and daddy didn't make it to dinner becuase he got sick again!
Finally on Saturday (the morning of the party) we decided that he seemed pretty sick and whatever it was he wasn't able to 'kick'. Will and Nollie ended up missing the whole party because he was sick!!!!! Our poor buddy had Pnemonia! WHAT! He never wheezed besides that one weekend and wasn't couphing either. It was a silent Pnemonia and thank goodness we got him in when we did! He got two big shots in the hiney and a stronger breathing treatment at the dr.
The 'official' Diagnosis:
a busted ear drum
a viral infection
Silent Pnemonia
I was practically in tears! I felt horrible. How could I not know my baby was SOOO sick?????

0 comments: