Annual Red Velvet Cupcakes!
My mom & dad came up to celebrate the 4th with us! We had such a great time and OKC really loves Independence day. Liberty Fest is rated in the top 10 places to be for the 4th of July!
Every year the kids and I make Red Velvet Cuppies and they were SO exctied to share them with Nana & Papa!
Every year the kids and I make Red Velvet Cuppies and they were SO exctied to share them with Nana & Papa!
Friday morning we took the kids to Chalk-it-Up
There is all kinds of jump houses, games, and you get your own 'square' to decorate with sidewalk chalk and paint.
It started raining on saturday so we opted out of the parade. We traveled over to Norman to check out the traveling Vietnam Wall. Dad has seen the real one and the traveling one one time when it went to Midland but it was fun to be able to go see it with him. No pics because again it was raining but what a special memory to have with my dad. Will and I really enjoyed seeing it...tears to my eyes....truly unbelievable how many lives were lost.
Sunday night we went out to UCO campus where every year they have the most spectacular firework show! It is breathtaking! I was so glad that mom & dad were finally able to come see it!
Before the fireworks....




2 comments:
What a fun way to spend the 4th! I love the cupcake tradition that you started with your kids.
My precious OK kids, it was our pleasure to share this special holiday and make more family memories! We had lots of fun and LOVE the many hugs and kisses! Love you so very much!
Post a Comment